Sunday, March 25, 2012

MORE THAN YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT LARIE

So I was tagged by Winnie and Cassy for separate posts, but I am combining them. One is about nails, and one is just a general...awesomeness thing? I have no idea. But Winnie and Cassy are both fabulous bloggers and you should go visit them. They're sweet. Thank you both, ladies!

Before we get any further, I'll just tell you that I am tossing rules out the window. I feel awkward passing these things on, so if you want to answer the questions in the comments or do the tag, feel free, and please let me know! If not, that's cool, too.

Nail thing first.

1. How many polishes do you have?
I don't know. I won't count. Next.

2. What is your favorite brand of polish?
Um, Zoya? I like that they're 3-free and their polishes last long and don't chip. I would say Dior, but my wallet protests against the price tag and I only have four.

3. Do you like crackle polish?
You know, I've still never tried it. Not really keen on it for myself, but I think it does look cool sometimes.

4. What was the brand of your first nail polish?
No. Idea. Actually no wait! This! Tinkerbell Cosmetics, do you remember that? I owned a few of the peel-off polishes, I think, though I could only apply them with my mom's permission.
image source
5. If you were going to have a nail polish line, what would you name it?
Oh no, I hate coming up with name things. Future kids will be named One and Two, or something. I have no idea!

6. What nail polish does not flatter you?
I think colors that are too warm look awful on me. Yellowy greens, yellow oranges, orange browns. Weird things like that.

7. What nail polish does flatter you?
I like dark shades. I feel all vampy and rockstar.

8. Name two of your best nail-art friends.
I suck at nail art and rarely attempt it, so I'd have to say...I don't have friends. :*(

9. What was the best nail polish gift you've received?
S. bought Dior Silver Lake as part of my birthday present last year. That was pretty awesome and unexpected.

10. Make a speech thanking the blogger who tagged you.
<3 Winnie :D

Okay, on to the general one. Seven things you don't know about me! Uh, lemme go check on what I've told you before. I'm so boring - I need to make sure that I don't repeat facts!

1. I love spicy food. The spicier, the better! Although it still has to have a good flavor. Habaneros aren't tasty to me, so I tend to avoid dishes that are heavily spiced and flavored with habanero, but it's not because of the heat level - it's because I don't think they taste like anything! I grew up on Korean food, so spicy dishes are just familiar to me. I also love the heat of Thai and Indian cuisine!

2. I've been wearing glasses since I was four. I switched to contacts in high school, but I do still wear glasses at night and on lazy days or when I have a cold. I like them better now than I did as a kid, obviously, but it'd be nice to have good vision, haha.

3. I hate ghost stories and zombie/monster/scary-ass-imaginary-creature movies. I will occasionally read a scary novel, but that is only because I am now old enough to share a bed. As a kid, when my parents would tell me to go back to bed and monsters weren't real etc. etc., I was always a bit miffed. Of course it's fine when you sleep with someone else!

4. I really like puzzle games. Both the Professor Layton type, as well as ones like Picross 3D (and the original) and all of those Puzzle League/Bejeweled-esque games - win!

5. I'm not a necklace girl. At all. They bug me and I rarely - if ever - wear them.

6. Along those lines, I also cannot get excited about a watch. I never wear them. Something about having time strapped to my wrist...no.

7. I don't really like Easter candy, except for two things: Starburst Jelly Beans (nothing like other excessively syrupy, gross things) and Sour Patch Bunnies. How can you pass on Sour Patch Bunnies??? I cannot.

Hurray, I finished! You would not believe how long it took me to think up interesting facts! Or well...just, facts. Happy Sunday! Leave me some interesting facts about yourself, if you'd like!