Friday, March 30, 2012

March Favorites

The months really need to slow down. I feel like I was *just* writing February's favorites post.

Josie Maran Argan Oil, travel size (not pictured)
Yes, this was here last month. I still like it. My skin's not really oily (more normal/combination) but I prefer it as a nighttime treatment; it's a bit much in the daytime, I feel. This, coupled with my FAB Ultra Repair Cream, has pretty much eliminated most of my winter dry patches, though overall, my skin is still a little drier than it is in warmer months. Boo.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium
Featured in January's favorites. Still loving. I've sort of moved into the moisturizer + MSFN routine, as Chanel PL is a little too dry for my winter skin and it's not flattering at all. My review on this will finally be up next week.


Jo Malone Vanilla and Anise cologne
I had a sample of this which I used up before moving on to the bottle shown here. On first sniff, this was not quite what I was expecting (I will have a review on the cologne set sometime soon, hopefully) - neither quite vanilla nor quite anise. It wasn't instant love or anything like that, but it's an easy scent to wear, so on lazy days when I wasn't quite up to choosing a fragrance, I'd just spritz some of this on and go about my day. It's slightly spicy and I enjoy it.


Stila Kitten eye shadow
A standard favorite. It comes out a lot when I'm lazy and feeling uninspired, because it's easy to wear and brightens my face.


MAC Early Morning mineralize blush
The color is utterly flattering on my skintone. That is all. (Okay, that's a lie. Of course I have more to say. I wore my glasses a few more times than usual this month because the weather was drying out my eyes. I usually only wear a bit of powder when I wear glasses, but adding a hint of blush really polishes the look.)

NARS Smudge-proof Eye Shadow Base
Much, much better than my old Urban Decay standby. I will do a full review soon. It's colorless, glides on smoothly (feels a bit silicone-y, though) and makes shadows and liners stay put. However, it is still easy to blend shadows over this, which I feel puts it miles ahead of its contenders.

Milani Brow Tint Pen
I've just recently started to pay attention to my brows. Powder is the most natural finish (using some sort of eye shadow) but I don't have quite the right color at the moment; I am ogling the new Bobbi Brown kits, though. This pen, which only cost me $4.49 (on sale!) is actually a pretty easy way to give my brows a bit more color and oomph, if you will. I really jumped on it because one day I noticed a bald spot in my right eyebrow. How did it get there??? I have no idea. I probably accidentally plucked the wrong hair or rubbed it out somehow (how someone does that, I have no clue). So the sale came at the right time. This is the darker of the shades they offer, and while it's not a perfect match for my brows, it's pretty good, and it makes filling them in pretty simple. I was a bit apprehensive about "marker-ing in" my brows (should we really be coloring in our features with something that looks like an elementary school tool?) but it's really not that bad. Since it's easy to use and pretty quick, I've actually been doing my brows more often. Will review this soon, too (I'm so behind! Haha).

That's it for me. What about you? What were your favorites this month? Acquired anything new and exciting?