Monday, March 5, 2012

Fyrinnae Lip Lustre: Romantique

Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy (white tube), Lip Lustre, and a sample of a Fyrinnae highlighter.
Fyrinnae's Lip Lustre in Romantique was featured in my Valentine's Day favorites snapshot, and I'm only finally getting the review up. Erm. Eep.

You already know that I like it. I'm not sure that I would order other colors, though. You see, it's kind of my perfect nude color - shimmer and all - but I'm not sure that the formula would work with darker, non-shimmery colors. It's slightly slippery, but adheres well to lips. I wouldn't call it moisturizing, but it's not particularly drying either, and it layers well; you don't get any sort of pilling on your lips or any build-up of that wonderfully attractive gunk that sometimes forms with lip gloss.
Comes with a doe foot applicator that makes it easy to apply; the formula isn't sticky or goopy or even particularly liquid, actually. It's not comparable to any lip gloss formulas that I can think of.

Fyrinnae says these are "not intended to be like lipgloss. This product is a non-sticky lipcolour 'stain,' leaving moisturising colour on your lips but no goopy tackiness" (taken from Fyrinnae's website). I think they're rather spot-on with that description, actually. The formula is kind of hard to describe, but I really like it. It applies smoothly and lightly to lips, and it never looks patchy or uneven; in this case, though, that could be because the color is really forgiving. In the tube, it looks like a lip version of Rapunzel Had Extensions, but on my lips it's not as peachy; it's more gold, and actually looks like a really lovely nude.
Light from my Ottlite.
In natural light.
Color and shine remain for about two hours, I'd say, without eating or drinking. Not the longest lasting product in the world, but man, I love it. The color, the formula - everything. The website says they're "lightly vanilla scented," but they kind of smell like cupcakes to me! And not the cloying, fake cupcake kind of smell. Like real, homemade, vanilla frosted yellow cake. So yummy. Not very strong, but definitely noticeable.

The verdict: They smell good and I adore this color. It's so easy to wear, and they are only $6. Buy one. Now.

Have you tried any of these? 

$6.00 for 8 mL at Fyrinnae.