Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A England Princess Sabra (Tristam Eyes)

I have a lovely for you today! This is Princess Sabra* from A England's The Legends collection. It's a gorgeous, gorgeous golden olive holo polish. I'm not convinced it really works with my skintone, but it's so pretty, I still wear it. And stare at my nails distractedly while I'm supposed to be doing real work. Eep.

The formula is lovely - thin and easy to work with, opaque in two coats, and relatively quick-drying. I find this thinner than Tristam, in a good way. Now that you know it's fabulous, on to the swatches!

In boring, filtered sunlight, you see just a speckled olive color that is deceptively demure. But then you take it into direct light or outdoors into sunlight, and bam! You are dazzled.
Two coats of Princess Sabra, with an OPI base coat and a Zoya top coat. Indoor, natural light.

Indoor, with flash. Looks more olive here, but the holo shines!
Under my Ottlite lamp. It's more gold than green here, and full of holo goodness!
I don't have anything at all like this in my collection (does anyone???) but I thought I'd show some colors that seemed to be in the same color family. Um, once I swatched them, I realized that they really aren't, but I figured that it's still worthwhile to show, since it might give you an idea of just how different Princess Sabra is.
Exquis is much darker and does not have as much shimmer. Jules is more sheer, lighter - more gold, not green. 
And there you have it! I think it's truly a unique color, and definitely worth having, especially if you're into odd, interesting nail colors. You can purchase them here at A England's site - they offer free worldwide shipping.

*Items marked with a star were sent by the company for evaluation.