Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk


I'm not really sure why this photo was taken at that ridiculous angle, but it's the only one I have of the full bottle, so, erm, just cooperate with me and tilt your head, okay?

I realize reviews about cleansers are boring, aren't they? They really are. Even though good cleansers are necessary, no one really gets excited about the prospect of shopping for them and trying them out. It's not like a good lipstick, or something.

But this will take that off for you. It'll take it all off. Oooooh, steamy!

Okay. Down to business. I've tried a few makeup removers (Boscia, other Clinique versions), but this is my favorite. FAVORITE. It goes on more like a lotion than an oil or a liquid soap; it rubs into my skin nicely and smoothly - it's a bit different, but I really like it. Then I rinse it all off and voila! Fresh, clean face. I like. It's gentle and I kind of feel like it cushions my face, if that makes any sense. I do use a separate eye makeup remover, but I do that regardless of what cleanser I use. I also still use my Clinique 3-step facial soap at the end of the day - I don't think this is meant to be your sole cleanser. Another note - you need to have a dry face and dry hands in order for this to really work for you, I feel. If your face is already wet, the cleansing milk will just slide around on it, instead of working itself into your skin the way it should.

I will say that it has a slightly sour smell, like, erm, sour milk. It's not very strong, and it doesn't linger - I only catch it if I breathe in while I rub it on my face. It's not my favorite, but since it's not so strong and it washes off immediately, I don't mind. This product has otherwise reached the status of: Larie's favored cleanser. *sparkles* I use a pump per, er, face, so essentially I use a pump a day. I've been using mine since last October or so and I haven't even gotten 1/3 way through the bottle yet (the bottle is clear, so you can see how much product you have left - I love this about Clinique skincare products). My search has ended though - this one's a keeper!

$26 for 6.7 fl oz, at Nordstrom or Sephora or other Clinique counters.