|Clockwise, starting at top left: Illamasqua Libido, Stila Pearl Palette, Fyrinnae Lip Lustre in Romantique, Hourglass Aura Sheer Lip Stain in Flush, Silk Naturals cream blushes in Entice, Cheery Bomb, Stila Natural Beauty palette.|
- Matte eye shadows. I don't have a lot of them, but I've been really digging their subtlety lately. The ones I have are in the Tarte Jewelry box I ranted about before, and the Stila Natural Beauty palette that showed up in January's favorites. I have noticed that while I still find Tarte's shadows chalky (they kick up a lot of excess powder when used), they are easier to blend over a non-UD base; I've been using Silk Naturals Stick 'Em Eye Shadow Enhancer*.
- Eye shadow palettes. While I do have a lot of love for my indie loose shadow pots, you really can't beat the convenience and ease of pressed shadow palettes. In addition to the two I talked about above, I've been using the Stila Pearl Palette. The last coppery shade is gone because I traveled with it quite often; Stila shadows, crumbly as they are, can't take a lot travel.
- Cream blushes. They have such a lovely, sheer, natural quality to them, and they are actually quite easy to use. Illamasqua Libido and the Silk Naturals cream blushes have been my go-to blushes recently.
- Doing my brows. This one leaves me kind of torn, because I'm lazy and I hate adding things to the routine. However, I can't deny that well-groomed, shaded in brows definitely add oomph to my look, and leave me looking more polished and put together. I do still skip it sometimes, when I'm in a rush or if my eye makeup is particularly heavy, but otherwise, I feel it is becoming a necessary step for me.
- Lip stains. Like Hourglass Aura Sheer Lip Stains and Fyrinnae Lip Lustres. They take a little bit of work, it's true, but the payoff is totally worth it - long lasting color that's easy to wear. For the Hourglass, throw a bit of balm on top, and you're done. It also layers well under glosses. The Fyrinnae (review coming soon!) takes a bit of warming up before use, but it applies nicely and leaves a nice stain, as well. This one is not nearly as long-lasting as Hourglass, but the formula is almost like a gloss, so re-application is no issue.
|One of my favorite lip combos lately: Hourglass Aura Sheer Lip Stain in Flush, under NARS Albatross lip gloss. Wintery and perfect!|
|This is what I came home to yesterday! :) I'm not that girly, I don't think, but I will admit to a fondness for receiving flowers. Especially lilies. They smell nice.|
And here: a shot of two of my other loves: