Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Favorites!

My makeup was kind of all over the place this month. Mostly very boring, because, well, I don't know if you've noticed, but...I'm pretty boring.

There. The secret's out.


This seems like a random mishmash of stuff, huh? Sorry. A couple of these haven't been reviewed yet, but they will come up soon!

Josie Maran Argan Oil, travel size
A while ago, I bought the travel size just to try out (I didn't want to be stuck with a full bottle if I didn't like it, you know?). I've been using this at night, as an additional moisturizer, and I really like it! I think it may be a bit heavy for daytime use - I haven't tried it yet, though I will soon - but at night it soothes my skin and I feel like I'm a little more glowy in the morning. Bonus: it comes in a bottle with a dropper. The first time I brought it out to use, S. did a double take. "Is that magic potion?" Why yes, darling, yes it is.

Jo Malone Red Roses cologne
I am a rose scent girl. This is a lovely rose scent - green, fresh, and a little bit sweet. This was part of a set that S. gave me for Valentine's day, and I really like the idea of several small bottles; I get variety, and I don't have to feel guilty about having huge bottles that I will never finish. Jo Malone packaging is elegant and gorgeous, and the scents are crisp and clean - not in a soapy way, but in a straight-edged, targeted way. No muddling here.

Bite Beauty Pomegranate High Pigment Matte Pencil
I brought this out for Valentine's Day, even though we didn't go out or do anything fancy. It's just so fabulous. So red. I do find it a bit hard to apply evenly, and I am unable to take off the cap without putting a dent in the product tip, but once applied, it's long lasting and so stunning.

Illamasqua Libido cream blusher
I showed this in my Valentine's Day Snapshot, and I still love it. It's so pretty, and gives me a natural-looking flush. I apply with a stippling brush. Once, I accidentally applied too much. That was fun. I wouldn't recommend it. You can find my original review here.

Solstice Scents Snowshoe Pass perfume oil
I know, I know. This came up last month. BUT I'M STILL ROLLING AROUND IN IT, OKAY? It smells good. The original review is here.

Smashbox Studio Skin in 1.2, sample
This is one of the foundations I've been testing for the wedding. It is a bit heavier coverage than I'm used to, but it's not "heavy coverage," by any means. The color is a perfect match for me, and I really like the finish. It also photographs beautifully. I have a few more to test, but this is my favorite so far, and I'm debating buying a bottle even if it doesn't end up being THE ONE.

Okay, there we go. What were your favorites this month?