Tuesday, January 3, 2012

More Sephora Long-Lasting Liquid Liners

I think these are my favorites - they showed up in my Best of 2011, after all. Well, I do like Benefit Magic Ink as a standard black liner, as it has a satin finish and the Sephora black is matte. But for colors, these are fabulous (and I wish they had an even wider range, to be honest). I've had the matte blue for a while - it's super bright and gorgeous - and I recently picked up 14 Fancy Violet and 10 Glitter Khaki.

At the time I actually purchased these two plus two of the glitter liners, 03 Opal and 05 Blue.

The glitter liners are $12 each and so pretty. When I swatched them on my hand in store, they felt fine, but when I got home and tried to use the opal one, it burned. So sore! So I quickly removed it (my eyelids still stung afterward) and I returned them. I guess I probably had a reaction to them, but I'm not sure what the problem ingredient was. It's a shame, as they really were pretty - super sparkly and glittery - but I guess it's for the best. How often would I use those things, anyway?

Back to the regular liquid liners. Neither of these are quite matte; the violet dries down to a semi-matte finish that isn't as strong or bright as the blue (I wish it were brighter!). The Glitter Khaki is full of sparkles; it has a blackish, smoky olive base with gold sparkles, and it is the most beautiful thing ever. I love it. It adds a bit of oomph to eye looks, perfect for days when you want that extra drama.
The purple bleeds a little bit on my hand (shown above) but it's fine on the eyes. 




These dry in perhaps a little over half a minute; if you use too much or blink too quickly, they will transfer, so be careful. Once they dry, they do last all day, though (well, I only wear them over primer) and remove easily with my eye makeup remover. The tips are felt and pretty standard, and overall, these are easy to use. At $10 each, I can't recommend them enough. More colors, please!
Argh, the triple fold is back!!! *grumble* Anyway. This is the go-to eye look I've been sporting lately.  Sephora Long-lasting Liner in 01 Black on the lashline, with 10 Glitter Khaki right above it in the "double winged liner" style. Shadows are Shiro Cosmetics S.S. Anne on the lid, and Annabelle Down to Earth smudged into the outer crease.
Glitter liner ingredients (from Sephora.com; these are the ones that caused a reaction on my lids, but of course that's an entirely personal experience, haha): Water, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Glycerin, PVP, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide.


Long-lasting Liquid Liner ingredients (from Sephora.com)
14 Fancy Violet: Aqua (Water), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), Pullulan, Disodium Coco-Glucoside Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hectorite, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide. 
10 Glitter Khaki: Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat., CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Glycerin, Pullulan, Disodium Coco Glucoside Citrate Sodium Dehydroacetate, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Hectorite, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide