Monday, January 30, 2012

MAC Narcissus

MAC Narcissus, a cremesheen lip gloss from the Daphne Guinness collection.
Another lip gloss has wormed its way into my collection, but I have no regrets. For whatever reason, I love this kind of color on lips, and I figured it was a good time to try my first MAC lip gloss. I have no idea what all the differences are between all of the different lip glosses - Lipglass, Dazzleglass...? - but I rarely follow MAC collections all that closely, so I don't think it really matters for me.

I ordered this with the MAC Naturally blushes (and a few other things) so it came in the mail. I've never paid attention to the glosses in store, so I don't know if it's normal for these glosses to have a gap at the top?

Of course, I suppose it doesn't really matter since I don't know how long it would take me to get through this! But I'd be curious to know about it, all the same. I am actually pretty pleased with this purchase. The texture isn't too sticky and it wears pretty comfortably. The shade is also fairly opaque and applies evenly; and the color! It's marvelous. I love it. I think it is perfect for spring and summer.
MAC Narcissus on bare lips.
It's kind of a cool pink/ultra-violet color, but it's not too fluorescent or obnoxious - I still find it to be quite wearable. It's bright and cheery and I like it. I don't find that it settles into lip lines (not noticeably, anyway) and it wears for perhaps 1.5-2 hours. I don't expect glosses to stick around much longer than that, anyway, so it's all good. Glosses are usually easier to reapply on the go, too, so I don't mind carrying the tube around with me. My first MAC lip gloss was a success! Hurray!

$18.50 for 0.09 oz, at MAC stores or counters or online. It is limited edition, but the last time I checked, it was still available on maccosmetics.com.