Thursday, January 19, 2012

Don't Want No Drama! ...Or Do We?

I wanted to do a gold smokey eye for a while now, but I didn't think I had the right colors. Turns out, I do (of course I do. Ugh. Gotta check the stash more thoroughly, more often): Bare Escentuals Eye Glimpse in Kiko, which I actually really love. On a side note...what the hell is an eye glimpse? I think Bare Escentuals' loose eye shadows have really weird names/categorizations.

The problem with a smokey eye, for me, is that I feel I need to line my lower lashline and add mascara in order for it to really work, and you know how much I hate both of those things. Getting black on my lower lashline is a chore, and an even bigger hassle to remove. Mascara just sucks, in my opinion, though I have to admit the effect is amazing. It's sticky, though, and smudges, and it's hard for me to apply because I'm a klutz and usually end up with some in my eye or all over my eyelid. But this time I just went for it - complaining all the while, of course. Here's my take on a slightly more dramatic look than the kind I normally do.
UDPP Eden
Bare Escentuals
Kiko (shimmery warm gold), Fyrinnae Fire Opal (dark coppery brown)
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Pencil in
Zero, Tarte matte black shade from the Jewelry Box (liner on upper and lower lashline)
Clinique Teddy Bear quad lightest shade (highlight)
Buxom mascara

The smokier, the better, perhaps, so next time I could go smokier. I just didn't want to overwhelm my face, you know? But I think I'm a little bit afraid of overdoing it, so I tend to under-do it, if that makes sense.
Chanel Perfection Lumière B20 (all over face)
Stila Natural Beauty palette (brows)
MAC
Fresh Honey Mineralize blush + MAC Harmony (cheeks)
Rouge Dior
Pisanelle Pink (lips)
My brows need work, I know. Ah, well. Such is life. It's always something, you know?

Erm, so, thanks for reading (FOTDs make me nervous, can you tell?) What do you say? Should I ramp up the drama in the eyes, pair it with a red lip - what?