Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Thursday Post

Ellie Goulding: Heartbeats (The Knife cover), Cosmonaut Grechko remix. It's a good one! The sound quality of this video isn't fantastic, but I couldn't find a good one. Sorry!

And it's Thanksgiving Day in the United States! I'm currently in CA with S., visiting my aunt and uncle. We're throwing tradition out the window and going out for dinner. It'll be kind of nice, I think...who wants to babysit a turkey all day? Or wash all of those dishes??? Instead, we're going to Michael Mina...woohoo!!!

This cauliflower and garlic soup looks delicious. The only problem is, we don't have any sort of blender. And the soup consistency just isn't the same without one.

This green tunnel is beautiful.

Love this shoot. Though, Elle looks like the older one here - I thought she was younger?

Remember those realistic Disney princesses I showed you last time? This time I have a different spin. A Deviantart artist, Jeftoon01, has a gallery of "Twisted Princesses," which I stumbled upon while looking for more cartoon EOTD inspiration. They're dark and gritty and some of them are downright creepy, with alternate story lines to explain what happened to them. I think my favorite is Alice.

More National Geographic photos. I especially love the eerie, creepy quality of number 8, and 31 looks like something out of a sci-fi movie. 36 looks like he's wearing sequins :)

And, here's another Dennison pic, since everyone said they didn't mind them :)
This was several weeks ago...he decided that yes, he really did want to sleep on top of the pile of exams I was grading.