Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sinful Colors Secret Admirer

I feel like Sinful Colors has some of the most random names in nail polish.  They usually have nothing to do with the shade, and just seem...arbitrary.  Like someone just picks ready-made phrases out of a hat.  I actually quite like that idea.  I hope that's what happens.
Anyway, Secret Admirer is a saturated black with tons of silver sparkles.  It seems like a dupe for more expensive polishes like Orly Goth, but I'm not a polish expert at all, so I'll let the polish ladies correct me on that one.  It's opaque in two coats, and the shimmer is evenly dispersed - it seems like one of those foil-y or microglitter polishes. The formula is smooth and easy to work with; it's not too thick or too thin - the little bear of polishes, you know?
Two coats Zoya Get Even, two coats Sinful Colors Secret Admirer, one coat Zoya Armor.  Photo taken with flash.

It's pretty, but not...black enough for me, I think.

I have a soft spot for black polish, but I think this one might be almost a little too shimmery for me.  This also makes it a little more difficult to take off, though it's no where near as bad as glitter polishes. I like it, but I don't love it.  Do you?

Try it if: You want an interesting spin on black nail polish.
Skip it if: You're looking for a solid black cream - this one's packed with sparkles.

$1.99 at drugstores.