Friday, November 11, 2011

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

This stuff is ah-mazing.

I had received a sample of the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair cream with a Sephora purchase long ago, and during a bit of a dry spot in the summer, I used it all up.  Yep, that's right - I squeezed every last bit of it out of the foil packet, and it made its way onto my monthly favorites list.  And then I bought a full sized version, because it is just so awesome.  The full size is giant.
Six ounces!  I've been using this for several months and have only made the tiniest of dents in it.
It is amazing.  I use it on dry patches on my face, or when my hands get cracked.  When I have a cold and my nose gets all torn up and sore, I use this to soothe the skin there.  It does soothe itching, as well, which is a huge plus. The cream is on the thicker side, but eases into my skin without much effort; I also feel like it absorbs fully - it doesn't just sit on top of my skin.  When I want some of this, I just run a finger along the surface, gently, and then I have enough to work with.  It's not goopy like a gel, or oily. It's lovely.

I imagine that when I get further down into the jar, it may become a little harder to scoop cream out of, but I'll cross that barrier when I get to it.  It's unscented (it has a *slightly* medicinal smell, but it's very faint and only noticeable if you're trying really hard to detect it) and doesn't leave any sort of residue behind.  This one is becoming a staple. HG, as they say.

Try it if: You need a heavier duty cream for the winter months, or to get rid of dry, patchy skin.
Skip it if: Erm. I honestly don't have anything bad to say about this. If you don't need something like this, there's no reason to look into it - it's either an essential or it isn't, you know?

$28 for 6 oz at Sephora.

Ingredients (from Sephora.com)Colloidal Oatmeal 0.50%,Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus, Ceramide 3.