Sunday, November 6, 2011

Coming Out of the Rut: Double Liner!

I've been in a makeup rut for some time.  I just feel like I do the same thing, over and over again. Being on an eye shadow ban has both helped, and hurt, I think.  On the one hand, I'm forced to go through my stash to try different ones I may have forgot about.  On the other hand, there's nothing new to stimulate my interest.

I complained about this on Twitter, and the lovely Monika at Rocaille Writes suggested that I try a double liner look.  She directed me to a tutorial from nurberxo, and I was amused to find that I had the very same bright blue liquid blue liner used in the tutorial.  So I gave it a go.  It was fun, but it sort of just looks like I only used blue liner.  Fail.  I guess my black line isn't thick enough. But I don't have much lid to work with here, people! I may try it again with a thicker strip of black liner, but I'm not actually not a fan of the thick, matte black liner look.  Here's the attempt.
UDPP Eden
Shiro Cosmetics S. S. Anne (taupe), Golem (dark, cool brown)
Benefit Magic Ink, UD 24/7 Glide-on Liner in
Zero (black)
Sephora Long-Lasting Liner in
Fancy Blue 


So, what do you think?  I guess it is different from my normal "blend color into very a thin black line" liner look.  Here's a different look I did with the same blue liner; I guess it is more noticeable this way. Now I want to try it with different colors! I've been meaning to pick up the violet version of this liquid liner...now's the perfect time, right?  Thanks for the inspiration, Monika ;)

What about you?  Got any other fun things for me to try?