Wednesday, October 19, 2011

EOTD: Coral (Almost Neutral Series)

I did a coral look before, but that one was slightly flashier, with a shimmery white base and blue eye liner.  This one is much peachier, and softer; I used a warm brown liner instead.  I had a coral colored blouse that day, and wore Dior Aurora dusted lightly all over my face for a more tan appearance.  I brushed some Darling Girl Cosmetics Charming Coral (a bright, gorgeous coral blush that was a GWP) on my cheeks, and MAC tinted lip conditioner in Soothing Beige on my lips...I felt very summery!
UDPP Eden
Shiro Cosmetics [Subject Name Here] (matte peachy nude), Shaymin (coral shimmer with green sparkles), Unsatisfactory Mark (warm red)
Benefit Magic Ink, UD
Bourbon (warm brown with sparkles)







Bourbon isn't my favorite brown liner; it's a tad too warm for my tastes, usually, but it is very pretty and I still use it regularly.  It seemed to be the right way to go for this look.  I prefer Underground in general, though; it's a cooler brown and lacks the reddish cast of Bourbon.

I'm not sure why these EOTD photos are coming out so craptastic all of a sudden!  Sorry about that.  I used the lighter coral on the outer edge, and a pop of red on the crease, just to emphasize the coral color.  What do you think?  Would you say this falls into "safe and wearable?"  Or is it still too bright for you?