Saturday, October 1, 2011

Cartoon EOTD: Black Lady (Sailor Chibi Moon)

image from: cosplayful.com
Remember them?  My favorite was Rei (Sailor Mars) - Sailor Moon herself annoyed the hell out of me (and still does :P).  So.  Whiny.  Yeesh.  Why does she get Tuxedo Mask?  *grumbles*
image source: animegalleries.net

I actually chose Black Lady for this EOTD - she's Sailor Chibi Moon's future alter ego and is a villain, in one possible future, at least - it's very complicated, all of this, and I have to confess that I never kept proper track.  The manga and the anime differ a lot, too, so I just took the anime as its own separate entity and enjoyed it while it lasted.  Anyway.  I wanted to do the sharp, angled liner that most anime characters seem to have - it just emphasizes their eyelashes/eye structure, and I guess it's more convenient than animating an array of individual eye lashes.  Also, I wanted to do pink, which is a, erm, rare occurrence for me. (Thanks to Stacy, who suggested Chibi Moon!)
Urban Decay Eden
Stila Pearl Palette (pink shade), Silk Naturals Retro (icy pink with silver glitter)*, Urban Decay Woodstock (fuchsia with silver sparkles), Antoinette's Revolution Cosmetics Musket (gunmetal)
Benefit Magic Ink, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Liner in
Zero (black)


Look Ma, I'm an anime character! (Looking back, I think I would have benefited from mascara, but, well, you know my feelings about that. /lazy)









Make sure you check out Tracy's look!  And don't forget to let me know if you have any cartoon character suggestions!

*denotes a product that was sent for evaluation purposes