Monday, September 12, 2011

We're Lipstick Bandits!

I sparkle.  Ooooooh.  Intriguing, no?
After my post on Runaway Red, Liz (Beauty Reductionista), was mumbling on Twitter about being afraid of red lipstick.  Thus started a series of tweets which will now be immortalized, and which started with this:


That initial message left out a few of the other usual suspects (me being thwarted by the 140 character limit...*shakes fist at the Twitter*) but we've remedied that and banded together to bring you joint FOTD day!  We're Lipstick Bandits...we'll steal away your wearable pinks and leave some punchy, in-your-face reds, instead!

The idea was: bandit masks and red lipstick.  I, of course, panicked, because FOTDs mean I have to show you my face (and I will not.  Instead, I have brought you a EOTD/LOTD!).  I also had no idea how I was going to pull off a makeup bandit mask look.  I had this conversation with S.:

Me: "How am I going to pull off a bandit look?  Commence panicking!"
S: "What?  No.  Okay. How about...how about you do that look you did with the bright blue, but all in black instead. Maybe with some sort of gradient - gray or silver.  Yeah.  How about that?"
Me (staring in amazement, thinking "He remembers that NARS look?  And where is this gradient stuff coming from?"): "Oooh, that's a good idea!  I like the gradient, that sounds pretty."
S: "See?  I'm helpful!  No panicking."

And that's what I went with.  The arsenal: Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Mirifique, Dior Five Golds palette (black and silver shades), Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencils in Zero, Gunmetal, and eye primer in Greed, MAC satin lipstick in Runaway Red (I had to use the lipstick that started it all!).
I started with Greed, piled on a darker base of Mirifique, and then patted on the Dior shadows.  It's supposed to fade into silver at the edges, but doesn't quite, at least not enough for my liking.  Ah well.  Such is life.


















Oh, you can see the gradient here!  *Cheer*
And the lips, which are nothing spectacular, aside from the pure awesomeness of Runaway Red itself.





It's a blue-based red, I promise
You must check out the other Lipstick Bandits: Makeup MorselsGlitter GeektheNoticeBeauty ReflectionsCall It Beauty.  Fierce! :D