Sunday, September 4, 2011

I Stopped at a Dior Counter...

...because I wanted a "my lips but better" lipstick (all of my other colors are slightly too peach, or slightly too pink, or...neon red), and I like their Sérum de Rouge formula.  This is what I walked away with.
I'm not counting that Chanel Illusion d'Ombre as breaking my eye shadow ban.  It's a cream.  It's different.  So there.

Granted, I did need refills of my Clinique moisturizing gel and facial soap, so let's ignore those.  And I've had that Chanel cream shadow on my list forever.  The SA was bored, I think, because she totally went to town on me (she was sweet, though, and I got her card).  I wanted the Hydra Life eye sorbet, too, but that has to wait until I run out of my current eye cream...and no longer require food as sustenance, based on its price tag.

The Dior Addict is New York; the Sérum de Rouge Crystal (one of the new launches with the fall collection) is Primrose Crystal.  Both are very pretty, though very different, and though I did not intend to walk away with two lip products...I did.  I'm not sure I'll keep the Addict, though; she tried it on me in store, and after a while I began to feel an uncomfortable warmth in my lips, that's usually associated with a reaction (I'm prone to reactions with a lot of lip products, unfortunately).  I'm not sure if it's because of the Addict, or because I tried on multiple lip products.  I'll have to see.  I may just exchange it for a gloss, as I do need one.

Anyway.  Anything catch your eye?  I'll move the review/swatch post up the queue!  Let me know!