Monday, September 26, 2011

EOTD: Sparkly Smoky Eye

I wanted to use Chanel Mirifique in a smoky look, and decided to pair it with the silver color in the Dior Five Golds palette, for a real sparklefest!
UDPP Greed
Dior Five Golds palette (silver color), Chanel Mirifique
Benefit Magic Ink, UD Gunmetal
It's probably more sparkly than is appropriate for a day look, but you know, I don't usually pay attention to those things.  I don't work in an office, and am still a graduate student in a lab, so there aren't really strict rules for me in terms of dress code.  I think it could be toned down by using a regular gray or taupe color instead of the glittery Dior shade, and that variation will probably come up sometime soon.  Mirifique is a lot of fun to play with.

I'm sure I could ramp up this look with mascara and more intense eyeliner, but I kind of liked it the way it was.  This is a daytime smoky look for me!  What about you?  Do you stay away from darker looks during the daytime hours?