Saturday, September 3, 2011

Cartoon EOTD: Smurfette

When I was younger, I liked Smurfette, but I think that's just because she was the only girl Smurf.  Now, I'm not sure how I feel about her, especially since Katy Perry voiced her in the live action film.  Erm, yeah.  That's all I have to say about that.

I picked her, though, because I wanted to have some fun with eyeliner - specifically, I wanted to do those tri-lashes that female cartoon characters seem to have going on at the outer corners of their eyes.  In order to emphasize the girly lashes, I also - *gasp* - put on mascara! *cue confetti*
UDPP Eden
Shiro Cosmetics A Neat Gun (shimmery blue with orange sparkles), Weepinbell (chartreuse), Dunsparce (shimmery gold), Antoinette's Revolution Cosmetics Le Soleil (yellow), Powdered Wigs (matte white)
Benefit Magic Ink (black liquid liner), UD
Zero (black) liner
Smashbox Layer Lash primer, Bare Escentuals
Big Tease mascara

I just realized that the shadow shape on my right eye (left in the picture) is larger than the left.  Um, ignore please :P  It doesn't really look that much bigger in the closed eye photo!  See?
Or maybe it does.  Whatever.  :P  Excuse my messy liner.  I rarely use Zero - it feels softer than my other pencils.  The situation spun rapidly out of control.









Anyway.  I thought this was a really fun look!  I think the yellow (which is from Smurfette's hair) might be a tad distracting, though; this would probably be a little better if it were just blue and white, or all blue on the lid.  Oh well, live and learn, right?  I wonder what kind of funny looks I would get if I went out with liner like this?  It actually doesn't look that odd when I have my eyes open.  But I guess people would probably start asking me where Comic-con is...

Don't forget to check out Tracy's look!