Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cartoon EOTD: Lydia

This is not how she normally looks, but I couldn't find a proper picture of her!
You know, Lydia Deets - "Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!"  I don't think I was the hugest fan of the show when I was growing up, though I did like Lydia's rather independent spirit.  Kind of apart from the crowd, you know?

Anyhow, the look is based off of her spiderweb red dress!
UDPP Eden
Shiro Cosmetics Unsatisfactory Mark (shimmery red), Antoinette's Revolution Cosmetics Revolution (black with red sparkles)
Sephora Long-lasting Eyeliner 01
Black, UD Zero (black)

This look took two tries (the first time, I did a bigger web, and didn't like how that turned out), and drawing that spiderweb design took forever.  And it's messy.  And I'm never doing this again, even for Halloween.  Though I will say, the trick is liquid liner, with a felt tip (brush tip = no no.  Pencil liner = no no.  Especially UD Zero.  What the heck?  It's the softest, smudgiest, weirdest pencil ever - it manages to simultaneously drag AND smudge.  ???)  Also, Unsatisfactory Mark is nearly impossible to apply evenly in such a huge area.  Yes, I know, whine whine whine.  I'm sorry.

Though I did really like how it turned out, I guess.  Here's a close up of the web.
And the spider.  I like the spider.
See?  Spider!  He only has four legs, because trying to draw eight tiny ones seemed excessive.


I had to practice drawing him.  The first iteration didn't turn out so well.
Apparently bent legs are the way to go.  Who knew?

Anyhow.  I guess this look is kind of like last week's look...oops.  But it's red!  And there are spiders!  Well, there is one spider.  And, actually, I'm not sure how that's supposed to effectively promote this look, since I don't even really like spiders.  I make S. catch them and take them out.

Don't forget to check out Tracy's look!  She did Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants!