Tuesday, August 16, 2011

NOTD: Zoya Gemma + Sinful Colors Smoking Hot

I haven't given my nails much love lately, and part of that is because of the new doggie - he doesn't quite understand the concept of nail-painting, and nail-drying.  He wants to poke his nose into everything!  He's generally a calm guy, though, so after he got used to everything, I busted out my polishes again!  I felt like I needed to do something exciting, but because I have no nail skills or fancy stamps and tools, I just did my level of "exciting."  I wanted Zoya Gemma, for some reason (inexplicable, really, because while it's pretty, it's not one of my usual favorites), and I decided to put Sinful Colors Smoking Hot over it.  Smoking Hot is slightly mattifying, but my Zoya Armor top coat took care of that!
Zoya Get Even base coat (ridge filler), two coats of Zoya Gemma, one coat of SC Smoking Hot, one coat Zoya Armor (top coat).
And here's one to show how pretty the glitter is!

This definitely picked up my mood!  After all, it's sparkly - how could it not?