Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Answers to Your Survey

Some of you asked me to give you my answers to the survey I asked you to fill out.  Surveys are fun, so why not?  I also really appreciate all of my readers who answered the questions for me!  I was surprised by the amount of people who were interested in reading about non-beauty topics.  Of course, there were a lot of requests for more EOTDS, too, so I will definitely try to step up my game!  If you have any ideas or looks that you want me to try, please let me know!  You can find my email on my contact page (one of the tabs above).

Okay, here we go.  Some of the questions obviously weren't relevant to me (i.e., "How did you stumble upon my blog?") so I left those out.  It's so hard to choose favorites!  So...there may be more than one answer for a lot of these.

1. Describe yourself: skin tone, eye color, hair color.
I have NC20 ish skin (on that infamous MAC scale), with olive undertones.  I have dark brown hair that gets natural, reddish highlights in the summer, and brown eyes.

2.What's your favorite lipstick/lipgloss of all time?
I don't like lipgloss - I've never found a formula that worked for me - and I've only just started getting into lipsticks.  I'd have to say my favorite so far is Dior's Sérum de Rouge in Red Serum.  The formula is moisturizing and lovely, and it feels so glamorous!

3. Favorite eye shadow? What color is this?
Ohh, this one is the toughie.  I love eye shadow.  Should I go with something that never fails to look good - you know, the go-to when you are pressed for time and just need to look good, or a fabulous bright color that I hardly wear but love the idea of? Um, um, um...I think I have to go with Stila Kitten; it's just so easy for me to use, and it always brightens my face.

4. Favorite blush?
Again, I think I have to pick something that is just so easy to use - MAC Harmony.  I love the idea of MAC Frankly Scarlet, though!  So bright!

5. What lipstick/gloss is highest on your wishlist?
Hourglass Siren for a gloss (it's so pretty!) and Chanel's new Rouge Allure Velvets look gorgeous.  Specifically, though, I think I want a Rouge Dior - maybe Diorama or Mitzah Lilac.

6. What eye shadow and what blush are highest on your wishlist?
I want one of Givenchy's Le Prisme blushes - or a Dior one, with the beautiful patterns.  As for eye shadows, I really want a Guerlain palette.  I may spring for one very soon.

7. What is your favorite food?
I like food.  One of the dance instructors I know says her favorite food is food.  I agree!  But for an idea of things I love: sushi, ice cream, cheesecake, Asian pears, pho, Korean food, burrito bowls, baingan bharta, blueberry scones, phad kee mao...um, yeah.  See?  Let's just move on.  Oh!  One food I do not love: chocolate.  Can't stand the stuff.

8. What is your favorite indie makeup company?
I'm not sure I have a favorite.  I haven't explored that many!

9. What is your perfume of choice?
I like to change up my perfumes.  Right now my favorite is Fiori di Roma from Scent by the Sea.

10. What is your favorite food?
Oooh, again!  S. makes a mean bowl of spaghetti and meatballs (from scratch, of course!).  Let's go with that!  

11. What's your favorite post here at Eye Heart It?
I like writing all kinds of posts, but this EOTD is one of my favorites.

12. How do you feel about beauty bloggers who are "camera shy?"
Ah, the million dollar question.  Personally, I find EOTD and lip swatches very helpful, and I appreciate those kinds of posts from other bloggers.  Full face shots can be good if they are done well, but I don't judge a blogger by how much of their face they're willing to show me.  Personally, how much a person wants to show on their own blog is their own prerogative.  It might be a little perplexing if someone wanted to give you a "FOTD" tutorial without actually showing their FOTD, but you know, whatever.

More importantly, I'm not a professional beauty blogger, so I also have to keep in mind what kind of impact my blog might have on my non-Internet life.  Just as an example, a person with a phD in chemistry can eventually become a tenured university professor (this isn't necessarily one of my life goals, but it is an option) if that is the desired career path.  I'm not sure that an HR Google search of my name that comes up with a blog all about makeup and seemingly superficial topics is going to benefit me in that case; science is already notorious for being run by men for men.  I am definitely not saying that beauty bloggers are a superficial, shallow group - would I bother if that were the case? - but no one outside of this community is really going to believe that.  In addition, I blog for fun.  It's nice to have something separate from my private life.  And for me, personally, the Internet is quite the vast place.  I'd prefer to keep a distinction between my persona here and my real life persona, just for safety reasons.  If you understand, you understand.  I'm not telling you what to do with your blog, and I'm not passing judgment on anyone else.  Who knows?  My mind may change in the future.  Right now, though, this is where I'm at.  Thanks for being respectful, and I'm really flattered that you choose to read my blog!

Anyhow, enough seriousness.  Feel free to open up a discussion on the million dollar question - like I said, I don't judge.  For now, though, I leave you with some requested outtakes of me doing two different EOTDS at the same time.
Reminds me of those dogs that have colored patches on their eyes :D
Oh yeah.  I also leave you with cake.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!