Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Moment of Truth: July

My three strikes policy: three items per month or $ X, whichever comes first (small indie purchases count as a single item, in general, and there are a few other -reasonable - exceptions).

This month is fail.  Just total fail.  I have no excuse, except that I am trying to establish a nice base set of reliable makeup.  I know, I know, it seems like excess, but now I'm firm: no more eye shadows!  Yes, there may be colors out there with nuances that are interesting and new, but I know I have at least one shadow from every single color family imaginable - or can blend them together to make even more colors - so I really don't feel the need for any more.  I like variety, and tend not to collect so many of the same shade/finish, etc.  Now I'm working on lipsticks, hah!
Purchase one: More samples, in jars, from Antoinette's Revolution Cosmetics (review and swatches here):  Total: $10.48
Purchase two: Two lip glosses, glitter glue, and a lip scrub from Darling Girl Cosmetics (review and swatches here and here):  Total: $22.75
Purchase three: Musky Amethyst, Speed Dial, and Lickable lipsticks, Sublime Culture cremestick, and Harmony blush from MAC (review for the cremestick coming soon; otherwise, click on the item name for my review).  Total: $84.87
Purchase four: Dior Tuxedo and Rouge Serum.  Total: $58.04.

Total total (haha): $176.14 (eep!), 9 items.

Well, I went over cap in both cases - number of items, and amount of money.  I'll just go be embarrassed in the corner, now.  And let's not talk about this any more.  See you next month!