Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cartoon EOTD: Velma, the Original Color-Blocker

image source: Wikipedia
I mean, right?  Look at that!  She may not be a fashion icon, and that sweater is probably ten sizes too big, but hey, she was color-blocking.  Take that, trendy fashion elitists.  The nerdy girl had you beat!  What a trendsetter.  So ahead of her time.

Anyway.  It's Cartoon EOTD time - something fun that I'm doing with Tracy of Beauty Reflections to inject some fun in our - and your - lives.  This week, I'm doing Velma; I hope you're all familiar with Scooby-Doo!  I watched it a lot as a kid, and I still enjoy the cartoons (I'm going to pretend those very strange live-action films are a whole different beast, okay?  I think we'll all be happier).  Even though I've seen some of those episodes 3423948023 times, I still enjoy them.

I know Velma doesn't exactly seem to inspire fashion-forward looks, but I wanted to take her red and orange combo and translate that into an EOTD.  Her hair is brown, so I chose brown eye liner - UD Bourbon.  I stuck with the theme of "color-blocking" and tried to do a more mod look, given the era that Velma is from.  Here's my take.
UDPP Eden
Shiro Cosmetics
Charmander (shimmery orange), Hearts (shimmery red)
Benefit Magic Ink, UD
Bourbon (reddish brown with sparkles)

And then I put on my glasses, just to get in the spirit of things.
S. had to take this one, because contacts + glasses = vision that is blurry as hell.  Thanks, S.! <3
I have freckles on my nose.  I never used to have freckles on my nose.  ???  Whatever.  Anyway, and then I found this, which is hysterical.
Jinkies!  I do not know where this came from - if you have a source, let me know! 
So I smoked out my original look, to give it more of that "sex goddess" vibe.  I don't think I accomplished that (me ≠ sex goddess), but it's a fun look nevertheless - and shows how different a look can be with just a minor alteration - so I figured I'd show it to you.
All the same, with the addition of Shiro Cosmetics Ganondorf (dark reddish brown with red sparkles).
And that's all I have to say about that.  This one was fun!  Stay tuned for next week!  And go see Tracy's look! She did Mojo Jojo from the Powerpuff Girls!