Saturday, August 20, 2011

Cartoon EOTD: Raven of Teen Titans

It's Cartoon Saturday again!  Today, I decided to go for a more matte look, purple and mysterious, since a lot of my recent EOTDS have been brighter or softer.
Image source: Teen Titans Wiki
image source: DC Database (wiki)
I needed two pictures; she can be all scary with her glowy eyes (first picture), and then more moderate looking - for a super hero, I mean.  Raven is typically mysterious and emotionally distant, but she has a mean sense of humor, and constantly cracks me up.  She has the powers of telekinesis, and is generally kick-ass!  Definitely my favorite member of the Teen Titans team (though it's hard to pick a favorite, really).
UDPP Eden
Antoinette's Revolution Cosmetics
Powdered Wigs (matte white), Revolution (matte black with red sparkles), Shiro Cosmetics Lance the Dragon Trainer (shimmery cool purple with sparkles)
Tarte EmphasEYES Aqua Gel liner in
Plum 
I decided to go with stark colors like matte white and black; the white reminded me of Raven's glowy eyes, too.  And then I piled some purple on there, and bam!















I will say I'm not completely thrilled with this look :/  Something about it just didn't satisfy me.  Oh well. C'est la vie, right?

Don't forget to check out Tracy's look - she's my cartoon buddy! :)