Saturday, July 2, 2011

Wishlist Time!

I like making lists.  You know, grocery lists, things-to-do lists, even chore lists.  But I like making wishlists even more!  We'll make things even more fun, and break it down by category!  (Okay.  I am a total nerd.  Yes.  I know.  I'm a chemist, it happens.)


Cheeks:



image source: maccosmetics.com
A beigey-tan neutral matte blush, like MAC Prism or Harmony, or Tarte Exposed.  Not too warm (for me, warm brown = muddy), and not shimmery.  This is more for contouring rather than to act as a bronzer.

A purple blush!  They are so rare.  MUFE has some, but they contain parabens, unfortunately.  I haven't seen any other ones.  Have you?  Please share!  I'm going for more actual purple tones - lavender, or cool purple, or something like - rather than plummy-brown.


Lips:
image source: maccosmetics.com
A dark and vampy color, like MAC Dark Side.
image source: Sephora.com
I'm also on the lookout for "THE PERFECT RED."  Favorites?  Let me know.  I was thinking of trying Bite Beauty High Pigment Matte pencil in Pomegranate.  Or this:
image source: Sephora.com
Sephora Cream Lip Stain, $12, in Always Red.
image source: Lushusa.com
Lush lip scrub in Mint Julips.  I'm beginning to see that one needs a good lip scrub in order to wear the full range of lipstick types, or else one gets flakies and other yucky lip problems that don't look lovely under, say, MAC Vegas Volt.  Not lovely at all.  I wish Lush offered a version that didn't smell like chocolate or bubblegum (this one is mint chocolate), but eh.  This one is $8.95 for 0.9 oz, versus Fresh's $22.50 for 0.6 oz; the only problem is, I'm not sure if Lush's version is paraben-free.

Eyes:
Um, I have a thing for colored eyeliner.  I own a lot of Urban Decay's colors, but I want a purple one, something like RansomSephora also has a liner that I'm interested in trying; it's $12.  They have pencils that are $8, too.

And various eye shadows (even though I have far more than I can ever use, already) from different indie companies.  I also want to try a few cream shadows.  They seem to be everywhere this year; Armani's, Chanel's, Buxom's...do you have a favorite?  I can't decide. 

And, even though I seriously have all the bright colors in the world, I really want this.  This post on Fruity Lashes just made me want it even more - the pigmentation looks great!  But $62?  Eek.  It would be much easier to travel with than individual shadow pots, though...right?  Right?  Help me out, here. 
image source: Sephora.com
Nails:
image source: Sephora.com
I have a lot of Zoyas on the wishlist, and the new crackles from Sephora by OPI.  I know crackles are everywhere, but I don't have one yet, damnit, and I wanna try!  Haha.

Scents:
I'm looking for a new scent!  Do you have some favorites (indie or high-end, doesn't matter)? I'm thinking that I want to go give this one a whiff.  DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom - supposed to be citrusy and light, floral and fruity.  Yum, right?  All of my perfumes are pink...
image source: Sephora.com