Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Thursday Post

Fiona Apple: Criminal.  Why yes, ladies and gentlemen, we're going old school.

I love Clémence Poésy, and Sasha from the Cranberry Mix has put together a gorgeous collection of photos.

I am usually indifferent to NARS lipsticks, but this one is gorgeous.  I want it.  It's red.  And a non-drying matte?  Sign me up!
I made blueberry lemon muffins.  They were light and fluffy.  I love blueberries!  I also made raspberry buttermilk cake.  You need to make that cake.  Use any berry you like - or even sliced peaches, maybe? - it's delicious.

Amazing discovery!  I'm not really a juice person (besides apple/orange in the morning, maybe), but I grew up with Hawaiian Sun.  The juices are much, much better in the can, of course (and I *think* they are HFCS free, but I'm not 100% sure about that) but the cans are hard to find here, and hard to ship, naturally.  But then my mom brought us these when she came up, and omg!  It pretty much tastes like the real thing, and S. is inhaling it. We only have two packets left.

If you are a gamer, try not to be excited about this.  I dare you.

Also, we saw Friends With Benefits.  It was funny, and I really enjoyed it - I feel like JT and Mila Kunis have great comedic timing, and good chemistry.  It's one of those deliberately not-thought-provoking, carefree, reliable chick flicks.  Even S. enjoyed it.  It's definitely adult, but it didn't drag and it was an enjoyable Saturday night.

Annnnddd...we adopted a dog :D  He has warmed up to us and just follows us around...I'm sure it'll get old someday, but right now, it's so nice to be greeted so enthusiastically when I come home! :D Thank you all so much for your kind words and congratulations!

Okay, have a great Friday, and a great weekend!