Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Thursday Post

Elbow: Grounds For Divorce.  I love them.  Guy Garvey's voice is sexy.  I'm not going to pretend that I know what "progressive rock" means in real people language, but I like Elbow.  I will confess that I sometimes confuse their songs with The National's, though, and I'm not sure why.  I guess they sound similar?

Are you on Goodreads?  If you like to read, it's a great way to catalog your interests, current books, reading goals, etc.  I'm Pestozesto, if you want to add me as a friend :D  Although you'll prolly need to comment with your name, if you choose a different one than your blogging name.

Also, do you foodgawk?  :D  This is actually where I find a lot of our recipes.  We get a CSA box every week, and once I get the list of produce that's coming, I pop over to foodgawker and search by ingredient.  I also just spend a ridiculous amount of time drooling at all of the yummy photos.  I don't submit photos because I haz no skillz, but I like to look at food!

And am I the only one who's fallen completely for Zoya's upcoming Smoke and Mirrors collections?  They seem to have hit it out of the park with their fall collections!  I want both.  I really do.  Hopefully they'll do some sort of promo later so I can actually afford to have both. 

Because I need to rein it in; I've totally splurged on lip products, lately.  I'm way over cap and everything...oh well.  I blame my mom coming to town :P  We like to shop.  Anyway, besides MAC Musky Amethyst and Dior Serum de Rouge, I picked up MAC Speed Dial and Lickable, and I'll try to swatch those for you soon.  I also picked up MAC Harmony, which I like - it's a nice, subtle color, and not too warm.  I'll get that review up soon, too.

And these swatches are gorgeous!  UD's new stuff looks amazing.  The liquid liners are sadly not paraben-free (sigh), but the lip pencils are stunning.

And, last question - do you tweet?  I'm afraid of THE Twitter, and heretofore refused to tweet.  Would you be interested in my 140 character outbursts?  

Well, that's it for me!  Family's in town, and we're doing Korean BBQ tomorrow night - so excited!  I love Korean food.  Love.  Have a good weekend!