Monday, July 25, 2011

MAC Harmony Blush

I wanted a brown powder blush for contouring - one that wasn't too red or warm - so I picked up MAC Harmony.  It's a nice matte brown - the shade of a lot of bronzers (it actually reminds me of the tan parts of Dior Aurora).
It is fairly light, so if you have a darker complexion, I'm not sure that it will show up very strongly.  On me, it shows up well enough - again, like Dior Aurora - and it is buildable.  It's brown and lovely without looking dirty or too orange.  It has a fairly rosy tone, so it doesn't end up looking fake or flat, either.  I've been using it with Dior Aurora; Aurora all over the face (cheeks, forehead, nose, chin), with Harmony just along the backs of my cheekbones, if that makes any sense.  As in, not on the apples of my cheeks, full-frontal style.  This is a much more subtle look that I actually prefer with all of my blushes.
MAC Harmony, swatched heavily, no flash.
To compare browns, and to give you a benchmark, I thought I'd show you Harmony with Tarte's mineral bronzer.
The Tarte is darker, and more shimmery; Harmony is matte and creamier looking, if that makes any sense.

All in all, I'm really happy with this purchase.  It's natural and pretty, and I like having it in the summer, to pair with my toned down eyes and lips - a more carefree, summer face!  It also wears long enough (through a work day) and a little goes a long way!

$19.50 for 0.21 oz at MAC counters or stores.