Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Thursday Post

Emeli Sandé: Heaven.  This single will officially be released on August 15 in the UK, but I have no idea when it comes here - very soon after that, I hope!  If you "like" her on Facebook, you can download her demo, "Easier in Bed," which is really sexy. 

I read The Greyfriar, by Clay & Susan Griffith.  Not as trashy as most vampire novels, and actually surprisingly enjoyable.  There's adequate violence for a vampire novel, though the plot is somewhat slow-moving and wandering.  Princess Adele, the main character, is a bit stiff, but the love interest is appealing, and hopefully the princess herself gets better in the sequel.  It's touted as "steampunk," though I think it sits just on the fringes of that genre.  Still, it was a fun summer read.

image from: BobbiBrown.com
I also borrowed the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual from the library.  It's actually a very informative read, with information about common makeup ingredients, troubleshooting for common application problems and tons of photos.  Best of all, her techniques are applied to women of all skin colors and ethnic groups.  That is one of the things I like best about Bobbi Brown's line - the attention paid to a range of skin tones and the way she embraces diversity.

And the inner geek in me directs you here, to "Sci-Fi Ikea Manuals" on collegehumor.com.  Hilarious!
Start your Sunday mornings right!  :D
And I don't know if you all already do this, but seriously - orange zest in your French Toast batter: do it.  It makes all the difference.  I'm usually a pancake girl, but French Toast is also delicious, so crisp and yet eggy and...yum.

Some of you know I'm from Hawaii, but I rarely miss the ocean...until I see posts like this, with beautiful clear water, and clean sand, and bright skies...sigh.  That Chantecaille whale palette is also gorgeous.

I have some fun things coming up - fragrance reviews,  and hopefully some more EOTDs!  We're also hosting pizza party + board game night tomorrow for some friends, which should be fun; I'm making lemon bars tonight, and sangria tomorrow.  S. is in charge of pizza-making.  What fun plans do you have for the weekend?