Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Thursday Post

Bad Meets Evil: Fast Lane.  It's the explicit version, so if you're not a fan of Eminem or swear words, you may wanna skip this one.  I know Eminem's controversial, and I'm not going to discuss any of that - I just like his music.  I think he's a clever wordsmith, and his lyrics often make me laugh, but I don't take him seriously, and separate his music from his personal life.  I do have most of his albums, and I'm looking forward to this collaborative album.

Some of the pretty things I've been wanting:
- Bobbi Brown's Tortoiseshell collection.  I do not need any more eye shadow, but those palettes are so pretty!
- I want a fun new hat.  I don't think I could pull off something like this, but maybe a straw fedora - something summery?  Like this?  I think it's cute.
- Yves Saint Laurent's Fall 2011 promo pics = breathtaking. (Sorry, the website is in French, but lookittheprettypictures!)
- Nintendo Wii U: mind-boggling!  (Do you surf Uncrate?  It's fabulous.)
- I don't like chocolate, but don't you think these would be fun for a party?  It's best for me not to be tempted, anyway :P
- This is embarrassing, but I am hooked on The Voice.  I think the interactions between the judges are hilarious, and they're all so darn likeable.  Um, I want Christina's red, red lips.  Any tips?  Product suggestions?  (I also want the coaches' spinny chairs, but I don't think that's as attainable :P)

Speaking of things I want, I have a new policy for myself.  My makeup/clothing/frivolities budget per month is $ X, or 3 items, whichever comes first (not counting skincare or other "necessities").  When it comes to indie companies, I am counting a single order as one of these items, since an indie order for samples can be as little as $10 for numerous items, so I don't think that counts.  I gave this one a lot of thought, and I'm pretty happy with it - we'll see how it goes.  I'm trusting you guys to help hold me accountable!  I've already used up one item this month (an Antoinette's Revolution Cosmetics order that should be coming in soon!) but there isn't anything that I'm really feeling this month, so it's looking good so far.  However, the nearby mall is having a huge sidewalk sale in a week or so...eep!
 
Also, two questions for you.   
One: what do you eat for breakfast?  I'm a big breakfast girl; on a normal day I will eat a bowl of oatmeal with fruit and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, with coffee and juice (I swear that I eat half of the day's calories at breakfast.  I'm hungry in the morning!).  Recently, though, I've been wanting more savory foods for breakfast, but a girl can only eat so many eggs, you know?  What kind of delicious things do you eat in the morning?  I've been known to eat cold pizza, leftover pasta, beans and rice...yeah.  Throw anything at me.  I wanna know.
Two: Where do you get your makeup inspiration?  I subscribe to a lot of blogs and I love reading product reviews and XOTD posts, etc, but I feel like I need something new - high fashion blogs, or professional photo shoot type things, magazine shoots, something.  Where do you turn for inspiration - eye looks, colors to try, etc?  Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for reading, and have a great rest of the week!