Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May Favorites!

Where did May go?  Yeesh.  Here's the roundup of my favorite products/items this month:

ShiKai hand cream (review here): I finally bought another one to keep at home, next to the bed (I keep the other one on my desk at work/school).  Best.  Hand Cream.  Ever.  It's been warmer this month, but as a climber and a chemist and a person who washes her hands a lot, hand cream is an essential.  Best part about this one?  Fragrance-free, and non-greasy.  Win!
Aveda Damage Control:
I'm not into hair products at all, and my hair is normally short (above my shoulders, in some sort of bob-type thing).  However, I'm getting married next year and I wanted to have options for the wedding, so I'm growing my hair out.  I'm a very low-maintenance girl when it comes to hair and since I work out 5 or 6 times a week, I wash my hair most every day.  The long winter here dried out my hair, and even though I still go to the salon regularly to take care of split ends, etc., I wanted something to provide additional conditioning/protection.  Aveda's Damage Control does just that - UV protection, detangling, conditioning against thermal damage (though I never blow dry/curl/straighten my hair, so this one is unnecessary for me) and it's so easy - I just spray it in my hair after a shower or before I run out in the morning, and brush it out.  It doesn't have any sort of greasy film, and smells faintly herbal, but in a nice way (like most of Aveda's products).  It keeps my hair soft and shiny, runs $15, and my stylist said it should last a year or more, even with daily use.  Win!
I've raved about this a lot (and so has everyone else), but I think it's worth the hype - it's gorgeous, and so foolproof.  Diorskin Nude Glow Healthy Glow Summer Powder in 001 Aurora: see swatches here.  See my original review here.
Dior Hydra Life Skin Tint in 1 Natural (review here).  I'm on a mini-Dior kick, apparently.  This is the best tinted moisturizer I've tried so far (I've tried a good handful, I think), and I'm definitely going to be using this all summer.
My Oakley Beckon sunglasses, in purple!  I love that they're purple - such a fun color.  The lens are a pretty gradient, too. 
And my Target sandals (review here)!  They're so cute, comfortable to walk around in, and budget-friendly!  Total win.

What were your favorites in May, my dears?  Let me know in the comments, or link your blog posts.  Thanks for reading, and your comments really do make my day :)