Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Eco Tools Bamboo Finishing Kabuki

Look!  A duo-fiber kabuki brush!  $7.99 at most drugstores, and cruelty-free.  Isn't that awesome?
Except, what do you do with a duo-fiber kabuki?
It is very much a traditional duo-fiber, with two fiber lengths at different thicknesses.
Well, it's called a "finishing brush," so I assume it's meant to buff out your liquid or powder foundations.  I tried it with my Dior tinted moisturizer and my Guerlain Lingerie de Peau = win!  Nice, airbrushed, soft finish.  It's a much more even coverage versus using my fingers, and there is the added benefit of not having foundation all over my fingers afterward. The bristles are really soft, though, so there's not a lot of control - it's best to just dab all over your face haphazard like.  If you're looking for precision and control, this is not the way to go.
Look how soft and fluffy!
I did want to use it as a blush brush, too, even though the brush head is fairly large - it might work for subtler colors (or something like the Dior Nude Glow bronzing powders) to build up color, but I'd be really careful with more pigmented colors, for sure.  It'd also be good for oil-control powders (MAC Blot, perhaps, which I'm interested in, or Dior's Crystal Nude powder).

Overall - win!  I love EcoTools brushes; they're great quality brushes from a company with ideals, and all of their brushes are very affordable.