Saturday, May 21, 2011

YSL Teint Radiance

I bought YSL's Teint Radiance foundation (in 04 Sand) when I was on the hunt for a new liquid foundation.  I think I like Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau (review here) better, but they're actually pretty different, so I do rotate through them.  This one contains SPF 20, and has a faint (watermelon?) scent that I don't find unpleasant; it also doesn't linger past the initial application.
This one is heavier than the Lingerie de Peau, and my biggest gripe is the pump.  Pumps are a good idea, in general, and I love them on other bottles, but this one is rather finicky and takes quite a bit of pressure to work.  You can't moderate the amount that comes out, either - this one reminds me of the MUFE cream blush pumps, though it has a lot more resistance.  One pump gives you a ton of product - it's enough to cover your whole face and then some, in my opinion.  Trying to control the amount that comes out just makes it squirt, which causes a mess - yuck.
This is one pump.  Kind of excessive, isn't it?  It's definitely enough for your face.  And your hand.  And your elbow.
Yeah, try blending all of that out on your hand.  Bad idea.
Fully blended.  Kind of glowy, no?
Other than the packaging gripe, it's a medium coverage foundation that blends well into my skin; I don't know that I would call it moisturizing, but it doesn't appear cakey or powdery when it dries down.  I like the finish of it - rather matte, but still "radiant," as promised.  However, I've noticed that in photos, it does give that white cast to your face.  In the winter, it does tend to settle into dry patches in my skin, so I wouldn't recommend this if you have drier skin - mine tends to be normal/combination in other seasons, and this suits pretty well during those times.  In comparison, Lingerie de Peau gives lighter coverage and also feels lighter on my skin, I think, but the YSL isn't uncomfortable by any means.  It really depends what you're looking for in your foundation.

Ingredients (from Sephora.com): Aqua / Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Glycerin, Isododecane, Pentylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Boron Nitride, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Hexylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates / C9-15 Fluoroalcohol, Phosphate, Nylon-12 Fluorescent Brightener 230 Salt, Titanium Dioxide, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Lauryl Peg/Ppg-18/18 Methicone, Fructose, Glucose, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum / Fragrance, Silica, Dodecene, Poloxamer 407, Urea, Sodium Hyaluronate, Alanine, Alumina, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, [+/- May Contain] Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica

Teint Radiance runs $48 for 1 fl. oz, wherever YSL products are sold.