Sunday, May 29, 2011

What I've Learned From Fashion Blogs #1

Belts are more than just a means to keep your pants from falling off.  They're an accessory, and should be styled as such.
blouse: H&M
skirt: Banana Republic
belt: from a Charlotte Russe blouse
sandals: Nine West
handbag: Nine West

This is prolly going to be an ongoing series up mine (though I don't know how often I'll update it), showcasing fashion tips and style tricks I've picked up from fashion blogs.  There are lots of ways to wear the same pieces that I never would have considered if not for the fashion gurus, like this one!  I've always only worn this skirt with a long blouse over it, but I think it's cute like this, too - and it makes me feel more stylish.

Here's a close up of some of the day's accessories:
sunglasses: Burberry
earrings: ??? (stolen from my mum, I think, haha)
lipstick: MAC Hot Tahiti (review here)
(And I wore this variation of a neutral eye look)

So, what fun things are you doing this holiday weekend?  Yesterday we just ran errands and stuff (this outfit is from yesterday), but today we're heading north to the wine tasting rooms!  We've been up to a couple of them before, and it's always a lot of fun - tasty wines, and beautiful landscapes.  Let me know what your fun plans are!