Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Thursday Post

Heather Traska: ET (Katy Perry cover).  I found this the other day while I was looking for more ET covers (I don't like Katy Perry, but that song is sexy, with that pounding bass line...*swoon*.)  The makeup is incredible!  So fun!  And how cool is it to be your own set of background singers?  I can't even imagine the amount of video editing that went into this.  It's a different take on the original song, for sure, but the video's worth watching just for the soothing piano line and the many, glittery, gorgeous makeup looks.

Lupicia Milk Caramel green tea. I am a tea fiend and buy most of it from Lupicia; this flavor is soothing and mellow and subtly sweet.  Love.  I've been trying to replace my morning coffee with a cup of delicious tea instead, and having heavier flavors like this makes the substitution less noticeable.
Hungry yet? :)
I made a lemon ricotta tart with raspberry sauce on Sunday.  It was delicious.  Lighter and fluffier than cheesecake, but still creamy and full of lemon freshness.  Raspberry is also the perfect complement to lemon.

S. and I had a "stay-in" date night last Saturday - cocktails and board games!  We bought Ticket to Ride and played best 2 of 3.  He won...barely :P  It's a great game, and can be played with only two people (though you can play up with up to five, I believe).  They also have a Europe version which is fun - we've played that before with his sister and brother-in-law.

As for makeup, well, there hasn't been much going on.  I'm on a ban.  That I broke.  I bought stuff from Shiro Cosmetics (swatches will be up soon), and I bought the Dior bronzer that I've been wanting.  I'll get to that later.  But I have been using MAC's Sakura blush pretty much every day lately, since it's such a lovely shade of pink.  In all honesty, though, I've been craving cool-toned colors recently - not sure why.  My skin is definitely on the warmer side of things.  And it seems that most of what I have is warm-toned, which makes sense.  Got anything ah, cool, that I should try?  (Pun intended.  I'm a geek.)

Have a happy weekend!