Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sinful Colors: Satin

I will wear pretty much any nail color, though I tend toward brights (neons, creamy pastels, intense vampy colors) rather than "ladylike" soft pinks and neutrals.  Lately, though, I've been looking for neutrals in my makeup and clothing, and when my local drugstore had a sale on Sinful Colors (2/$3), I scooped up Satin.
It is a beautiful taupe with a very subtle shimmer - just enough to keep it from looking flat - and is fully opaque in three coats (you could get away with two, but some of my nails have ridges and two coats wasn't enough to cover those, so for consistency's sake I used three coats on all of them).  I am in love with a neutral!
Zoya Ridge-filling base + 3 coast Satin + Zoya top coat
Sorry these pictures are so blurry!  Not sure what was up with me that day.
The formula seemed a little more watery than I'm used to in Sinful's polishes, but still applied evenly and dried fairly quickly.  They are a 3-free company, and for $1.50 a bottle, how can I have complaints?  When they're not on sale, they're still only $1.99 for 0.5 fl oz.  (Also, from the promo images and swatches that I've seen on Vampy Varnish and Temptalia, Satin looks like Shay from Zoya's new Touch collection).  Sinful Colors typically wear for 4-5 days on me with minimal tip wear, but I am pretty hard on my nails, so you may have them last longer.

And, just to tease you, here are the other three bottles I picked up; all together, four bottles of nice polish for $6!
Why yes, I was feeling glitter.  Left to right: Nail Junkie, Smoking Hot, Let's Meet, Satin.  And yes, that's our red Wii in the background :D  Sorry for all of the clutter.