Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hits & Misses

I've rolled out new labels to search by: "hit" or "miss," for products that I really love, or um, dislike, respectively.  I'm going to try to save these labels for things that I feel very strongly about - things that I will repurchase over, and over again, like HG shades of lipstick/eye shadow/blush/foundation, or, more notably, skincare.  On the converse side, "miss" is reserved from something I really didn't like - something I returned, or threw away, or would like you to fend off with a large stick.

In all seriousness, though, I would like to say, that just because something didn't work for me, doesn't mean that you won't love it.  Here are my stats (like a Pokemon! :D):

skin type: combination - normal to dry cheeks, oily T-zone; really dry lips.  In the summer I get slightly more oily, and in the winter, I get a lot of dry patches around my lips, nose and jaw.

skin tone: warm, olive undertones, and pale (I'm Asian and I live in the Pacific Northwest.  Sun?  What is this you speak of?); I wear Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau in 02 Beige Clair, Bobbi Brown Natural Finish in 4.25 Natural Tan, and YSL Teint Radiance in 04.  I think this roughly corresponds to NC 20 coloring, if you're a MAC fiend.

skin concerns: evening out my skin tone, banishing dullness; sometimes I have some redness around the bottom of my cheeks, toward my jawline

I'm in my mid-twenties, and I exercise regularly and try to drink a lot of water.  I need to eat more fruit, though - I ate a lot of fruit as a kid, because my mom always had it on hand and always made us eat a lot of it.  I still love fruit, but I just never think about it sometimes - so busy!  It helps that we get a CSA box (I love CSA programs - LOVE), but then...S. gets to the fruit before I do.  Monster. :( 

My basic skincare products: makeup remover, cleanser, toner, moisturizer, sunscreen, eye cream, spot treatment when necessary.

There aren't too many products with these labels yet, but I'm working on it.  And, the labels will be applied to all applicable future reviews.

Have a good weekend!