Sunday, May 1, 2011

Feeling Bright 1: Pink & Orange Nails

I've been pulling out all of the bright colors in my collection lately, so I'll be doing a mini-series of posts on them.  Here's the first: pink and orange nails!  This one was actually inspired by a look from Arianne at GlitterGeek - she layered orange gloss over a fuchsia lipstick.  I'm not brave enough to do that with lips (even though it looks gorgeous), but I thought it'd be a fun thing to try on nails.

I used one coat of Sinful Feeling Great and one coat of Zoya Sienna over that (well, and I always use a base coat and a top coat).  Feeling Great is a great hot pink cream, and Sienna is an orange glitter (see it swatched here on From Head to Toe).  Worn together in this fashion, they produce a lovely coral with an orange-gold sheen that I love.  (Incidentally, I really like Sinful colors - they usually have really great formulas and such a wide range of colors, and the regular price is only $1.99!  Win!  They're also 3-free and don't seem to smell as bad as some other brands.)
Aren't they pretty?
One coat of Sinful Feeling Great:
It's opaque in one coat, which is nice.  If I wore it alone I would do two, though.
With Zoya Sienna over it (Sinful Feeling Great + Zoya Sienna):
With flash.  It looks really orange here, but it's actually more of a gorgeous coral color with an orange-gold sheen.
Natural light, so you can hopefully see the coral.
 The photos aren't the best - I'm really loving this duo!  What do you think?  What kind of colors are you loving right now?