Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Eco Tools Recycled Retractable Kabuki Brush

In the summer, I like to wear tinted moisturizer and pressed powder foundations more than liquid ones, since they're more comfortable to wear in the warmer weather.  The kabuki brush I had was old and scratchy, though, so I picked up the EcoTools Recycled Retractable Kabuki Brush at Target for $7.99.  I love my other EcoTools brush (so soft, so fluffy, so budget friendly!) and I had heard good things about this one, so it was an easy decision.
The brush head is fluffy but full enough to apply pressed powder evenly all over my face.  It also feels nice against my skin - not scratchy or rough.
See?  Soft and fluffy!
The fact that it has a cover is nice, because then I can cover it and toss it in my train case without worrying about the brush head smashing against anything.  However, I do have an issue.  The brush retracts, but there's still a tiny bit of it poking out of the end, so when you try to put the cap on, you have to align everything perfectly so that you don't end up crushing brush hairs between the cap and the rim.  This may be a small issue, but I personally find things like that annoying; I would have preferred if the brush head retracted all the way back down, below the rim of the tube.  I guess I could store it without the cap, but then, that sort of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?  And then brush hairs would get crushed anyway, when I haphazardly throw it back into my train case.
See?  When it's fully retracted, it still puffs out a little bit over the top, so when you try to close it, you have to be very careful to align the cap over the rim.
Otherwise, this kabuki is highly recommended.  Good for travel, too, since it has a cover.  It's cruelty-free (synthetic fibers) and the case is made from recycled aluminum.  Also, it seems that 1% of the Ecotools revenue goes to 1% for the Planet.  To be honest, I would buy their products anyway because of the outstanding quality, but it makes me happy to learn about further incentives like this.