Friday, May 13, 2011

Diorskin Nude Glow Healthy Glow Summer Powder, Aurora: Take 2: Swatches!

In my review of the Diorskin Nude Glow Healthy Glow Summer Powder (I really hate this name!  So long, so repetitious!), I mentioned that I had a hard time doing swatches, so I didn't show any.  I tried again yesterday, and these came out a lot better, so I thought I'd share them, just in case you really wanted to see how they look on someone with my skintone (NC20 ish).  You can click on all of these photos for a larger version.
Three swipes with a thin shadow brush along the product pan, and then against my arm, to try to show the soft range of color you get with this powder.  In the sunlight here, you can see the shimmer.

Here, still in natural light (indirect), you can see the same three stripes - mostly peach/orange/brown on my skin.  When I apply this to my face, I swirl a fluffy brush along the whole pan, so the effect is much more subtle than this.
Here's a closeup of direct sunlight - again, you can see the pretty gold shimmer.  It might look "sparkly" here, but these are heavy swatches and all.  On your face, it's a much subtler, softer effect.
Okie-dokie, hope that helped.  I really do love this powder (despite its ridiculous name), but it is limited edition, so if you're at all interested, I suggest you snap one up and play with it before writing it off completely.  Currently available at Nordstrom, Macys, and Sephora (that I know of).