Monday, May 2, 2011

Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil Review

I got a nice-sized sample of this as part of a Sephora 500 point bonus gift - it was a nice little pouch of mini-sized Boscia products.  So far, I've only tried this and the green tea blotting papers (which I also like).
The mini version!  It is a substantial amount of product, for a sample.
For the past couple of years, I've used Clinique Take the Day Off for Lids, Lashes, and Lips makeup remover to get rid of my eye makeup (shadow, liner, mascara if I happen to be wearing any), and it is very effective and gentle.  (I use a cotton ball and just dab little bit of the remover on each eye, though I do need to dab along the lash line gently to remove all liner or mascara).  For the rest of my face, I used the Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser.  This one is equally gentle and gets rid of any base makeup, sunscreen, etc, but it doesn't do a very good job on eye makeup.  So I needed both.
Look!  A pump!  Yay!
No longer!  I just ordered a full-size Boscia (part of my huge Sephora VIBCHIC order...sigh), since I'm running low on both of the Clinique products.  I'll use them up (and they do last a long time), and then I'm making the switch permanent.  Better for my wallet!  Clinique's Take the Day Off is $18.00 for 4.2 oz, and the Foaming Cleanser is $19.50 for 5 oz.  Both of these last a very long time, but I need both of them in order to take off all of my makeup every day.  The Boscia is $26 for 5 oz, but I only need the one product, and a little goes a long way; you apply a little bit of the oil to your dry face (it has to be dry; if it's wet at all, the oil isn't as effective.  Believe me, I've done this; I got in the shower and forgot, and wet my face, and had some difficulty getting the oil to spread all over my face.  Basic chemistry, but I'm absent-minded) and rub it in very gently, and then rinse it all off.  I do this as soon as I hop into the shower - very convenient.  It gets rid of all my eye makeup - there is never even a trace or smudge of liner left, which is very, very nice.  It also feels comfortable and relaxing going on - a bit warm, because of the oil - and I am able to cleanse my face with gentle motions, rather than with the tugging that I feel is inevitable with my other eye makeup remover.
click for larger.
Recommended, if you're in the market for a makeup remover, or are falling out of love with the one you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment