Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award

VijiiS over at Fierce Nerditude tagged me for this - thanks, lovely!  You should really go poke around on her site - lots of fun product reviews and helpful advice.  I also really love bloggers (like VijiiS) who take the time to answer questions and comments on their site.  I know we're all busy, but it is really nice and helpful.  Cheers :)

So I think I'm supposed to link back and thank the award-er, and then tell you seven things about myself, and pass the award on to fifteen other bloggers (fifteen is a lot, I may not have that many).  Um, I'm shy and it takes me a while to comment on someone's site, and I'm even more hesitant to pass on awards to people who've never even heard of me and my little blog, so I'm just going to list some blogs that I love and that you should visit.  If this comes out of the blue and you never even realized that I read your blog...sorry for being a creeper. :( 

Here are seven things about me:

1. I like Irish Whiskey.  It's not a typical girl-y drink, but it's strangely satisfying, and I like the complex flavors of it.  I'll take some Redbreast on the rocks over a Cosmo any day.  Actually, I don't think I've ever had a Cosmo. 

2. I never played sports as a kid - didn't like 'em - and only really started exercising (running, lifting) as an adult.  Initially I did all of it in order to improve my appearance, I suppose, but now that I have found activities that I enjoy (rock climbing, Muay Thai kickboxing, aerial arts), I actually really enjoy the physical aspect of them, and the challenge of pushing yourself physically.  It's also nice to feel strong and healthy :) 

3. I love to bake.  I think I like making treats more than eating them, though, and prefer to give them away (I have happy coworkers.  So does S.).

4. I don't like chocolate.  It tastes funny, the texture is weird, and the smell typically gives me a headache.  I do drink hot chocolate, and I eat white (aka "fake") chocolate, but I could live without them, and I pass on brownies, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake, fudge etc.

5. I minored in French and studied abroad for a summer in Annecy, France.  It is a gorgeous place, and I miss the language.  If I had more time, I'd try to focus on it some more, but I don't have time.  (see below)

6. I'm a graduate student in chemistry, working on my Ph.D.  This means I have limited free time, though it is nice that science graduate students typically receive free tuition and are paid a stipend (enough to live off of, if you can manage a reasonable budget).  Still, whenever I say I am in chemistry, people wrinkle their noses, so I think this makes me lame.  It's okay.  Geek out, yes? :)

7. I love tea.  I think I currently have at least ten or so different varieties (flavors of green, herbals, etc) and I buy most of them from Lupicia.  The quality of their tea is excellent.  There is a shop back home, so whenever I visit my parents, I stock up!

Aren't I boring?  :)

Here are some blogs that I love, all based around various subjects; they're numbered because I like numbers and order and lists, but the numbers don't mean anything except...that I can count.  :D

1. TheNotice: Rae's a dear.  She does thorough product reviews over a wide range of budgets, and also comes up with a lot of beautiful looks using them.  And, all of her posts are injected with equal doses of sincerity and humor.  One of my favorite beauty blogs, for sure.  (She's also responsible for my venturing into the land of lipstick...more on that later).

2. The Beauty Look Book: beautiful, well-written reviews and comparisons and swatches.  One of my favorite reads.

3. Closet Visit: Isn't it interesting to see what other people have in their closet?

4. How Sweet It Is: I love baking blogs, and Jessica is so sweet.  She comes up with awesome recipes (both savory and sweet), has a great attitude toward food and health, and she has a killer shoe collection.

5. Carrie Fabulous: She creates great montages of clothing, accessories, etc, based on themes or colors or certain motifs.  Love!

6. The Diversion Project: The photos are gorgeous.  Architecture, scenery, interior design - all breathtaking.

7. Damn You Auto Correct!: Who hasn't been thwarted by the dastardly auto correct function?  Most of these are hilarious, though be warned that some are PG-13 +, if you're worried about that kind of thing.

8. The Way the Cookie Crumbles: Another food blog.  Bridget's photos are beautiful, and she does a lot of recipe comparisons, offering advice from a scientist's perspective - baking is a science, so it helps.

9. Flights of Fancy: A wedding planning site, but...I am slowly planning a wedding, so forgive me this one.  It's not overflowing with vendors and advertisements and bad advice like so many other ones, though - Flights of Fancy has beautiful inspiration boards that can be used as inspiration for all kinds of events and occasions.

10. The Demure Muse: She is so cute.  Cute outfits, fun posts, lots of creative projects.  Cuuute.

Okay, I'm gonna stop at ten because I need to get back to work (eep!).  Let me know what you think about these, if you get a chance to check them out :)  Cheers, and have a happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

VijiiS said...

OMG, YES! Thank you for tagging Rae, I love her (well, you already know that since I tagged her, too)!

GREAT list! I've found lots of new stuff to read. <3

Post a Comment