Sunday, April 10, 2011

Travel Kit

I like to travel, but I don't like packing.  Or unpacking.  I'm sure I'm not alone.

I'm leaving for a conference this week (actually, by the time this posts, I will be in CA), and I hope it'll be sunnier there than it is here.  I'm only taking a carry-on and a purse, which means I have to put all my liquids/creams/gels in a quart-sized zip-top bag.  This is annoying.  Seriously, what kind of person is going to disguise an explosive in their concealer tube?  Who knows what that will do to your face?

Anyway, rant aside, this means I had to severely streamline my makeup/skincare kit.  I like to think that I don't use that many products on a daily basis, but who knows?  You can tell me if you think my list is ridiculous.  I'm not including pictures because everything has been packed, but when I get back I'll let you know what worked and what didn't, and what I could've survived without- or what I may have missed.  In an attempt to pare down my kit, I figured I would go foundation-less for the most part, with just some powder foundation and concealer if I feel I really need it.  I like liquid foundation, but I already have too many liquids/gels in my little quart bag.


Skincare
-Travel sized Clinique facial soap
-Travel sized Clinique gel moisturizer
-Bliss eye cream (reviewed here)
-Clinique City Block - SPF 40
-Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil mini (part of a Sephora 500-point bonus, review coming soon)

Makeup
face:
-Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder in 2N1 Desert Beige
-CoverFX Conceal FX Camouflage concealer (review here)

eyes:
-BE Silk Stockings mini, BE Night Owl, Benefit Magic Ink, UD 24/7 Zero, Crash (shown here)
-UD 24/7 liner in Flipside, El Dorado
-Stila Pearl Palette
-UD primer potion in Eden

cheeks:
-Tarte bronzer mini (here)
-Smashbox blush in Radiance (review coming soon)

lips:
MAC tinted lip conditioner in Fuchsia Fix (review coming soon)

Sephora Collection Deluxe Antibacterial Brush Set

I feel like this is the bare minimum.  I could stand to take out a few of the eye items, but I love eye makeup and it's hard to let go, haha.  The pearl palette is tiny, and the liners are all mini versions from various sets, so they don't actually take up that much space.  Everything is packed into one of those Clinique GWP bags - Clinique always has cute ones in handy sizes.  This one happens to have a side pocket that's useful for storing the brush kit.  I love it.

So, what do you travel with?

5 comments:

VijiiS said...

If I were to travel, I'd probably just bring my essential skin care stuff (including a lip balm), some foundation, foundation primer and a kabuki. MAYBE a black eyeliner and some clear gloss, if I remembered. I'm not fond of the idea of any of my makeup possibly getting lost in a hotel room or whatever, so I never bring too much. xP

GretchTM said...

I usually bring my essentials when I travel. I have a nice compact makeup bag that holds all my stuff. It's definitely convenient to have one.

Larie said...

@ Vijiis: I don't have much that's LE, so it's not a huge pain if I lose something...though that would be irritating.

@Gretchen: Makeup bags are so helpful. I don't carry one daily, but when I travel they're essential.

Roxy Heart said...

Wow you travel with a lot. I just take a few eyeshadows, eyeliner, lip gloss, blush and mascara.

Thanks for following me. I don't see you on my list though. If you have time can you try again?

I'm following you now.

http://www.fashuhneestah.com/

Larie said...

Haha, you are all making me feel so high-maintenance! Is this really a lot? Eep.

Post a Comment