Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Thursday Post

Awolnation: Sail.  I'm a sucker for songs with hot and heavy bass lines, and this just makes me want to chill with a glass of wine and a the lights down low.  Sexy.

Also, did any of you get the little Sephora fragrance booklet in the mail?  It had sealed fragrance patches, and it was almost like a scratch-n-sniff booklet!  I had so much fun, hahaha.  I have the heart of a three year-old, I know.

And, finally: I'm not exactly loving this, but I put myself on a no-buy until May 18 (it started on April 18, so it'll be for a full month).  My General Exam is scheduled for May 18 - that's my advance to candidacy exam, i.e the reason for upcoming panic.  I knew I would want to reward myself after it's done (assuming all goes well - crosses fingers), and I just poured a ton of money into Sephora, so I am cutting myself off until then.  I'm actually kind of excited about it; it'll force me to go through all of the products that I already have, and maybe create new looks.  I've been in a bit of a rut lately.  And of course, my Sephora order will come in sometime soon, so I'll be getting new things in the middle of my ban anyway!  (Is that cheating?  I already paid for them before the imposed ban!  Haha).

The ban also extends to other frivolous items: accessories, clothes, other random things that I don't need.  The exception is if I need to buy a new outfit for my exam (I have to give an oral presentation, and while it's not required that we dress up, it's generally the standard.  And it never hurts to look your best, right?)

Anyway, that doesn't mean that I won't have anything to blog about ;)  I have a bunch of nail polish colors that I haven't even touched yet (though of course, that doesn't stop me from wanting more - I am crying a little bit inside about Zoya's Earth Day Exchange promotion), and like I said, the Sephora order should be here sometime next week.

And, I can live vicariously through you!  What fun item (makeup, clothing, accessories, kitchen gadget, new album, whatever) are you coveting?  Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment