Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sephora Long-Lasting Eye Liner

I think Sephora just revamped their liquid liner formula, because they have some older ones selling for $5 each (with the original price listed as $10) with limited colors left, and then they have a new set selling for $10 each.  The new formula is paraben-free, which is what enticed me.  And $10!  That's rivaling drugstore brands, at this point, so I ordered a few with my CHIC week order.  I picked up 01 Black, and 13 Fancy Blue, and I want more.  More!
They have a thin, pointed brush (not a flat brush like Benefit's Magic Ink) which is stiff and yet fairly easy to work with.  You do need to shake the bottle well before use, though, to prevent it from being excessively thick.
Over primer, it lasts all day - I'm not brave enough to test it without primer (I've had quite enough of walking around with raccoon eyes, pre-UD primer days, thank you very much) and really, I would never wear it that way, so it's kind of a moot point for me. (I will mention that the hand swatch I did disappeared after washing dishes, but, I'm not sure you'll expose your eye to liquid detergent and a sponge...?)

Both dry down to a nice, matte finish; the blue is very vibrant (the same color as my Sally Hansen nails!), and the black is, well, black.  They are nice and dry after roughly half a minute - I didn't have any problem with immediate smudging when I was putting liner on (though some did end up on the tips of my eyelashes, and it was actually really pretty!)
Bottom line: if you're looking for a new liquid liner, I'd definitely recommend trying these.  $10 for 0.082 fl oz at Sephora.  So far they come in 13 colors (black, grays, golds, browns, greens, blues, purples; a few of those are glitter versions) and I like that they offer such a variety - I love colorful eye liners.  I want the metallic gold glitter one for sure. Also, this was S. approved :)

A note: I do have a special place in my heart for UD's 24/7 pencil liners, but sometimes they still smudge ever-so-slightly, even with a primer.  And there's also no beating liquid liners for clean, precise lines - especially if I want a winged eye.  Also, confession: I had a fear of liquid liners for a very long time, because they seemed so...wet.  And permanent - the possibility for disaster seemed huge.  But I got over that fear, so you can too!  (If you're plagued by things like that.  If your fear is earthworms and slugs - like mine - then I'm afraid I can't help you.  Let me know if you find a good remedy for that, though.  Slugs.  Are.  Gross.).
image source: OregonLive.com
See?  Your other fears can't be that bad, right?  Now go out there and tackle the world!