Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cute and Pretty: Hello Kitty Perfume

I know I've mentioned this over and over again, but I really like this perfume.  I am not a perfume connoisseur, and know nothing about the science behind fragrance-making, and I don't know anything about fragrance notes - the layers, the dry down, etc.  I do know, however, that this bottle is beyond cute.  I love the atomizer!  I am normally pretty indifferent to Hello Kitty, but the atomizer gives the bottle a sweet charm.  And I love the smell.  It's floral, but with a sweeter note that lingers without being overpowering or too strong.  S. also approves, and you know that's a good thing ;)  $55 for 1.7 fl oz at Sephora.  They also sell a rollerball and a solid version ($18 and $39, respectively; the solid version is housed in a bedazzled necklace thing).

Sephora's description:
Notes: Cassis Sorbet, Italian Mandarin, Apple, Magnolia Blossom, Freesia, Orange Flower, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Musk.
Style: Sweet.  Sparkling.  Pretty.
(from Sephora.com)

The problem I have with perfume descriptions is that I don't necessarily know what a Magnolia blossom smells like.  Or a Tonka Bean.  Or a Freesia, even.  I didn't grow up with a lot of these flowers, and even if I had, I was never much for going out to smell them all.  I suppose the descriptions are useful for when you actually know what the perfume smells like; you can then start to associate smells and that helps you look for new ones.  I will say that "sweet, sparkling, pretty" does an excellent job of summing up this fragrance.  It's not exactly sophisticated, but I like it.  Starting to collect perfumes was a dangerous move - they're expensive.  But the bottles are so pretty, and I like having different fragrances for different moods.  I have my eye on some Guerlain bottles next.  We'll see how long my willpower lasts!

4 comments:

GretchTM said...

OMG....that perfume is cute!

VijiiS said...

I loved the smell of this, but I never wear perfume so I've been resisting the urge to buy it.

Every time I see that bottle, though, I get a little weak!

Larie said...

@Gretchen: I know, right? Gah!

@VijiiS: I never wore perfume until last year...and now I can't get enough of it. Ugh. I need less expensive hobbies. But just think how cute this bottle would be on your dresser! (Haha, I'm such an enabler, I know.)

VijiiS said...

LMAO, it's okay, I like being enabled. It gives me excuses to buy things. <3

BTW, I just nominated you for a versatile blogger award. I hope you pass it on!

Post a Comment