Saturday, April 30, 2011

April Favorites!

Where has April gone?  It seems like just yesterday I was trying to write the March Favorites (and failed, miserably.  By the time I was trying to get it together, it was mid-April and I decided it wasn't worth it :P  Maybe that's why it feels like it was just yesterday?  Aiya).  Here are the things that made my April happy:
  • I've worn Zoya Marley several times - I can't get enough.  I love how its cool tone looks against my warmer skin, and I like that it's not just a lavender cream - it has a subtle shimmer that gives it added depth.  Love!
  • MAC's tinted lip conditioner has ended my quest for a comfortable lip balm that contains SPF.  That's it.  The end.  At $14.50 for a crap ton of product (that's the technical term, I'll have you know), I'm happy.  Yeah, I have to dip my finger in it, but it's okay. 

  • My Clarisonic Mia!  Mine is a lovely mint green color.  I didn't use it very often in the winter because my skin was already overwhelmingly dry at that point, but now that the weather is warming up, my skin is a little less flaky and this is a good tool to have.  I use it once a week with my usual Clinique facial soap, and I can always tell the difference afterward.  Cleaner, fresher skin - less clogged pores, more brightness.

  •  Tarte blush in Blissful: Love.  Love.  A beautiful peach color with no shimmer, that lasts all day and gives a beautiful glow.  I already have more sitting in my Sephora shopping cart (Natural Beauty and Exposed).

  • My Banana Republic Trench Coat in black (seen here).  Now that the weather's warming up ever-so-slightly and the rain is slooooowly letting up (as in, every other day instead of every day), this trench has become the perfect lightweight-but-still warm jacket to wear around.  I love trench coats - the cut is generally so flattering, especially for those of us who hover at a, um, towering 5'3".

  • Daniel Merriweather's not new to the music scene, but he's fairly new to me.  I love the r&b + jazzy vibe - his album's been on repeat.