Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Thursday Post

I can't believe it's Thursday already!  This week seems to have gone by rather quickly - prolly because I was so busy.

I tried to go out bare-faced for most of this week.  Sometimes you just don't feel like putting on a full face of makeup, especially if you have to come home and work out (I don't like to climb or attend dance/kickboxing classes with makeup on), which means taking it all off and then reapplying moisturizer and such.  It's a hassle!  Also, sometimes it's nice to let your skin breathe, and get yourself readjusted to your bare face.  It sounds weird, but after a while, you get used to seeing your own face only with makeup on, so it's somewhat strange to see yourself without it.  Do you also find this to be true?

Of course, I still applied moisturizer, sunscreen, and eye cream - skincare routines are important!  I do feel like my Clinique moisturizer isn't performing well lately, though, and I don't know whether to attribute it to the rough winter air (that is still lingering around, bleh) or what.  My hair is also dry and dull.  This all makes me unhappy.

But it's supposed to be a "things I'm loving" post, not a rant.  I apologize.  I am loving our new French press - coffee never tasted so good!  I like French press coffee, but I was initially indifferent to the idea of getting one because I wasn't going to grind beans every morning and then pour the water and press the plunger down...yeah.  Too much work for me in the morning.  But S. was up to it, so he makes the coffee every morning, and it's so worth it.  You can't go back to drip!

I finished The Mischief of the Mistletoe last night.  I know it's not Christmas, but it's not really a Christmas story.  I enjoy Lauren Willig's books...they're formulaic and all the same (girl meets guy, they exchange witty remarks, dash about and outwit spies, and then live happily ever after) but I love the time period and the fact that they're based on one of my favorite books: The Scarlet Pimpernel.  The books are definitely chick lit, so nothing insightful or thought-provoking, and yes, there are plot holes and some things are a little too perfect and absurd, but they're meant to be a bit tongue-in-cheek, I think, and they're funny.  Sometimes you need a lightweight, completely brainless romp with hot guys and smart turns-of-phrase.  Start with The Secret History of the Pink Carnation, if you're interested.

Okay, well, my Zoya order is supposed to come in tonight - woo!  Other than that, there's not much going on in my life.  But having a breather is nice.  Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

VijiiS said...

My mom LOVES old corny romance novels. If you want a good laugh, look up Harlequin books on ebay. You can get hundreds for a few bucks. Not good for space, but great for both your wallet and for killing time.

I've always wanted to try Zoya polishes. Can't wait to hear what you have to say about them!

XO, Vijaya
Fierce Nerditude

Larie said...

Haha, I hate traditional romance novels - the corset busting, breeches bulging stuff. Modern chick lit is a little tamer and funnier, which I adore - guilty pleasure!

And I have some Zoya polish reviews lurking about, but I'll definitely try to get these up soon. Painting my nails takes so long though, lol!

Post a Comment